Monday, October 3, 2011

Deer Carcass!!!

Debbie and I were travelling along highway 51 this morning on our way to work.  It was still dark.  I passed a car and as I was changing lanes there was a dead deer in the road right in front of the car.  No way to miss the damn thing so I straddled it.  Of course, the deer was too big to just drive over the carcass without the bottom of the car hitting anything.  We heard a couple of loud thumps as we passed over the carcass.  We stopped at a truck stop just before we got onto I-35.  I got out and looked to see if part of the car was hanging off.  All looked ok.  BUT!  We could smell burning deer hide.  Very strong smell of burning deer hide.  I did not look under the car at that point to see what was stuck to the car since I had no way to remove it anyway.  We drove to Edmond and stopped at the car wash next to Megan's apartment complex.  I looked under the car and saw deer fur hanging from the muffler.  I used the carwash sprayer to remove what turned out to be a fist sized piece of deer hide.  I washed off as much as I could but there is still something stuck to the exhaust pipe because we could still smell burning hide when we arrived at my office.  Nice way to start a Monday.  dang roadkill. 

3 comments:

Tara said...

Gag me with a spoon!

Roy and Debbie said...

yeah. That new car smell is gone.

Anonymous said...

Deer jerky?




Steph.