Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Old School and Church Architecture

I inspected an old school in Oklahoma City this morning.  The school was constructed in four separate phases beginning in 1910.  The last addition was around 1920, which is what you see in the photo.  The original two story building was demolished in the mid 1980's.  The school was closed about 4 years ago.  The OKC public school system sold the remaining school building for $40,000 a few years ago to a home builder who is now planning to sell it to a company that wants to renovate the building into offices.  The school is in a rough part of OKC.  Lots of run down homes and businesses just west of downtown.  The school is in fairly good condition.  Bet the current owner makes alot of profit when he sells it.



While inspecting the school, I saw a neat little church near the school.  Cool architecture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice buildings, that church is unique enough to be a Lutheran church.

I love the smart car in the picture below, I'd love to have one for the gas mileage, BUT, I fear if I COULD get into it...I may not be able to get OUT of it.

Stephanie