Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baby Horses

Some nights on the way home, we pass the OSU equine facility west of Stillwater.  Tonight, we drove past the field where the new babies and the mommas are hanging out.  The babies were close to the fence, so we pulled over to take some photos.  One of the babies immediately came up to the fence.  Another came up, too, but a little more cautious.  I didn't get a photo of it, but the first one came right up and let me touch it.  Or, maybe it touched me.  Not sure how that goes.  Anyway, it tried to nibble on my hand.  After a few minutes, one of the mommas came closer to the fence and made a low snort.  Both babies went back to their mommas.  I guess the "snort" was a momma's stern, "Get away from over there." 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh dear...Sis is going to go bonkers when I show her these :).