Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday, Monday

Debbie returned to work today after missing the last four days due to the flu. Hope her day goes well.

The pre-dawn sky has really been clear the last several days. Alot of stars can be seen. On Friday, I planned to get up early on Saturday to look at the stars through the telescope. I woke up around 5:30 on Saturday morning and laid in bed thinking about getting up to use the telescope. I talked myself out of getting up because it was the only day of the week I didn't have to get up early. I stayed in bed until 7 am! hee hee. Only problem was I was awake the entire hour and a half. So much for the extra sleep. I listened to Debbie sleeping. I believe that might be some sort of vicarious experience. LOL

A friend of mine, along with his father-in-law, did a parachute jump on Saturday. Their first time. Maybe their last, not sure yet. They had a static line, which automatically pulled the cord for the main parachute to deploy as they exited the airplane. "Dad" jumped first and James watched "Dad" have a problem with the main parachute deployment. "Dad" had to pull the cord to deploy his reserve parachute. James said he was really nervous about jumping after that but he did anyway. The lines for his parachute became twisted and he had to kick around to untwist the line so he'd have control of the parachute. Yikes. Sounds like major puckerage occurred. James said he and his father-in-law are going to try Buxom Babe mud wrestling next. LOL.

Have a good Monday.

2 comments:

eleanor said...

What some people won't do for ENJOYMENT. I am not that challenging.

Tara said...

Omigosh. I can't believe your friend saw his father-in-law have a little trouble and then actually jumped himself! I would be farting all over the place from being nervous.