Thursday, September 17, 2009

Traffic snafu

Most days, I take Debbie to her office and then go to my office. Today, I asked her to drop me off at my office. Doing that generally allows me to get an extra hour or so of work done. Well, today happened to be the traffic day from hell. Sometime around 5 am, a large truck wrecked on the freeway between my office and Debbie's office. The wreck happened about two miles south of my office on the Broadway Extension. The road and barriers were damaged badly enough that they closed the road so repairs could be made. Problem is the officials never announced to anyone they were going to close one of the most heavily travelled roads in OKC during morning rush hour. Debbie dropped me off at 8 am. By 8:45 am, she had travelled about 1/2 mile from my office. She should have arrived at her office by that time. Around 9 am, she called and said the road was closed and traffic was being diverted from Broadway Extension onto I-44. The I-44 exit is about 1-1/2 miles south of my office. We were on the phone together while I gave Debbie directions on how to get to her office. Eventually she arrived at her office. Sometime between 9 and 9:30. What a mess.

2 comments:

eleanor said...

I can't believe Debbis sit there that long. Maybe her patience is growing. Love ya

Roy and Debbie said...

She didn't really have a choice. She was caught between exits and had nowhere to go until the traffic moved along.