Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Moods of a Cowboy Football Fan

Someone on gopokes.com posted this. Thought it was hilarious and a lot too true. Replace the "Tigers" with any team of your choice. LOL

Oklahoma State Football Fan’s Psychological Cycle

Saturday - Before Kick-off: "Poke Dementia"
My Thought Process: "WE ARE GONNA KILL 'EM!!!!!"
Comment: Wife wont talk to me on Saturdays

Sunday: DENIAL
My Thought Process: "I cant believe we lost in OT to the Tigers...AGAIN?!?! . Cheatin' Bastards! How can their receivers be open every F*&^%-ing play?!?! Our receivers are TWICE as talented as theirs!"
Comment: Wake up with a "Cowboy Football hangover" and feel like crap; which is a mystery because I didn’t drink anything the night before.

Monday: ANGER
Thought process: "F*&%-ing Tigers!!! I HATE that team. We SUCK!!! 19 point underdogs to the Horns next week. It should be more like 49!. We SUCK!!! "
Comment: I am usually very tired at work Monday mornings due to the stress of the weekend. No work gets done. Boss asks me if my dog died or something. I tell him "I wish".

Tuesday: CONSPIRACY
Thought process: "Bryant was IN BOUNDS on that catch!!! How many holding calls can the freakin' refs miss?!?! Why do we get shafted on calls EVERY game, year after year?!?! I heard that the head ref's son-in-law was a Mizzou grad...that's why he called Bryant out of bounds. Why did the Oklahoman choose to run stories on the Sooners' undefeated season and OU/UT game instead of our big match up against Mizzou?"
Comment: In hindsight every week- I generally feel like an idiot on this day.

Wednesday: ACCEPTANCE
Thought process: "We just don’t have the tools this year. Savage just isn't the threat we had hope he would be this early in his career. Reid has got to learn to hang onto the ball to be a big-time college QB. Maybe next year"
Comment: This is the only day of the week that includes any type of rational thought. Work actually gets done in the office and the wife is happy because you aren't complaining about football.

Thursday: OPTIMISTIC
Thought process: "OK, we have 6 games left. All we have to do is beat UT and Colorado at home and OU in Norman . We still have a shot at a bowl."
Comment: Call to get airfare price and hotel reservations in Shreveport in December

Friday: DELUSIONAL
Thought Process: "UT can shove those 19 points right where the sun don’t shine. I can’t believe we are underdogs AT HOME!!! This is OUR HOUSE!"
Comment: People at work laugh at me.

Saturday - Before Kick off: "Poke Dementia"
Thought process: "WE ARE GONNA KILL 'EM!!!"
Comment: The viscous cycle continues...

No comments: