Friday, September 25, 2009

TGIF

It's Friday. Deb stayed home another day, but is feeling really good. Guess she lucked out and the flu didn't kick her butt too bad compared to others. Two days in a row of feeling better must mean she's no longer ill. Good news for her.

An engineer friend of mine is going parachuting for the first time tomorrow. I asked him if he was going to wear some industrial strength Depends just in case. hee hee. We were talking about it and what to expect. After a few minutes, he asked me if I was trying to scare him. I told him that if he wasn't scared already on his own, he didn't need my help. His 63 year old father in law is going, too. Both of them are jumping for the first time. My friend is 42. He thinks if his father in law can do it, so can he. I told him that would be my argument. If old farts and little girls can do it, I could do it. I thought about what it would be like to do that. I'd enjoy every part of it between the moment the chute opened and the landing. I'll pass, tho. We talked about jumping out of a good airplane. Apparently the plane he's jumping, or getting shoved, out of isn't a top of the line airplane. The guy he's jumping with said you kinda want to jump before the plane crashes. Nice. LOL.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I don't understand, not even a little bit, the appeal of doing that. Nope. Nuh-uh. I've never been known as the sort to love adrenaline rushes, though. Heck, I'd even be freaked out at the thought of flying in a plane with the door open for other people to jump out of.