Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Armstrong Auditorium

There is an article in the Edmond Monthly magazine about a new performing arts center that was constructed north of Edmond.  It is out in the sticks, essentially.  The owner is the Philadelphia Church of God.  They have a small college just north of Waterloo Road on Bryant Road.  I designed the project in 2005 and they are just finishing it.  Turned out really nice.  I will post more photos if I can get them.  This is a copy of the photo in the magazine.


The tall columns were not originally like that.  After construction started, the owner decided to raise the tops of the columns and the roof about 15 feet higher.  We had to completely redesign that area of the building.  Turned out to be a good decision by the owner.  We got paid for the extra work, by the way.

This project is a smaller version of another performing arts center that I did for East Central University in Ada.  I posted a link to a tv story a few months ago about the ECU project.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! That's swesome!!

Karen said...

That's just magnificent! Congratulations and well done!

Karen said...

p.s. I feel goofy commenting about the clown now - LOL.

Meg said...

Looks really cool!

Roy and Debbie said...

One thing I forgot to add: those tall columns are 3 stories high.