Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It ended tonite with a bang

Literally.  Fourteen-plus years of accident free driving ended tonite on I35 in Oklahoma City.  The 14+ years is how long I have been driving between Stillwater and OKC.  This was actually the first time I've ever had an accident when I was driving.  Rush hour traffic was moving pretty well when suddenly people started slowing down, then moving, then slowing down again.  We were travelling about 50 or 55 mph when suddenly the vehicles in front of us stopped dead in the road.  I slammed on the brakes and was able to stop before hitting the car in front of us.  The car behind us didn't stop and hit us.  Luckily, not really hard.  In fact, our car does not appear to have any damage other than a scraped up plastic rear bumper.  The other car was damaged.  On the way home, Debbie and I noticed some pops and rattles that we've never heard before.  I opened the trunk and the hinges were kind of tight.  So I know something got tweaked.  Just have to take it to a body shop and get it checked out.

The hit was hard enough to tweek Debbie's back a little.  I feel ok now.  Kinda wonder if I'll be sore in the morning.  None of the airbags deployed on either car, which is wierd.  Woulda thought the other guy's bags would have deployed.  Could have been worse and thankfully no one was seriously injured.


1 comment:

Tara said...

Oh, that stinks! So glad it wasn't worse, though!!