Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pozole recipe

This is the pozole recipe that Debbie cooked on Sunday.  I think the amount of cumin is too much, but that's just me.  The amount of red pepper or cayenne might be alot for some of you.  I made me sweat and is definitely a decongestant, which is the way I like it. hee hee.

1 chopped onion
1 garlic cloves, chopped
1 T. salad oil
1 1/2 lbs of pork chopped into 1/2" cubes
1/2 tsp black pepper, cumin, cayenne, ground cloves (I guess that is 1/2 tsp each, but not sure.  That's how the recipe is written)
3 to 5 cups of chicken broth
2 to 3 cups of hominy (drained)
1 cup canned green chilis
(there is a side note on the recipe card that says "3 cans each" of the three ingredients listed above)

Sautee onions and garlic. Add remaining ingredients.  Simmer until done.  Serve with slice avacado, Monterey Jack cheese and soft tortillas or spoon bread.

I didn't eat the soup with the avacado, cheese or tortillas.  I added crushed red peppers to each bowl of soup as I ate it.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

No comments: