Monday, June 14, 2010

Eyelid surgery

Had the lump removed from my eyelid this afternoon.  Sporting an eyepatch at the moment.  Depth perception is majorly discombobulated.  Amazing how much two eyes help a person get around.  Is this how a cyclops feels?  On the way home, Debbie kept asking me if I saw this or that.  Um, not alot of it.  Half maybe.  hee hee.  Get it? 

Doc said I'd probably have a black eye tomorrow.  Don't doubt it as he grabbed my eyelid with these funky tweezers and turned my eyelid inside out.  I could tell he was pushing around and whatnot.  The tweezers were not the worse part of it.  The hissing and smell of bacon while he was cauterizing something was kinda freaky.  Just kidding about the bacon part.  It didn't smell like bacon.  hee hee.  Anway, the black eye should be a good look and worse than what I had with the sty.  Yucky.  Debbie said I should tell people this is what happens when I give her shit.  Yeah.  Right.  Maybe 32 years ago.  My ducking reflexes have improved alot over the years. 

But, in a few days, should be a better appearance.  At least I hope so.  When we got home, the eye felt scratchy.  Not so much now, so either it's already better feeling or I'm just accustomed to it.  Megan said I was freaking her out with the patch.  Dunno if it's the patch or just me saying, "AAARRRGGGHHH!" every time she looks at me.  hee hee.  Doc gave me an ointment to put in my eye.  But, I can't touch the tip of the tube to my eye.  Now, how the heck do you get an ointment to "fall" into your eye?  Should be interesting over the next 10 days to see how often the ointment is on my cheek or eyelid instead of in the eye.  

By the way, it's raining again.   Dang. 

2 comments:

Tara said...

I was telling John about it and he asked if I made any pirate jokes. I guess I was picturing a wad of gauze taped to your eye, not a real eye patch. Heehee. He had to put goop in his eyes for awhile after his surgery. It WAS hard not to touch his eye with the tube. I was doing it, so maybe Mom can give you a hand.

Roy and Debbie said...

It was a huge gauze pad, Tara. Deb put the first bit of ointment in my eye this morning. Not sure I can do it myself.