Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wet Office

Got to the office this morning.  It's a pit.  Damp.  Smelly.  Spent the first two hours creating half a pickup load of soggy and damp documents to toss into the dumpster. 

Pastel (chalk) and ink rendering of a home for a family of bird watchers.  Did this in my 2nd year of architecture school.  One of the few projects that my professors did not keep for the school's archives because I asked to keep it.

Sketch project from my 2nd year of studio. 

My "Munchkin Manor" playhouse.  I think this was a 2nd year project, too.  I remember the studio professors telling me and everyone that it was obvious that I had kids.  Fun project.

Dunno if you can see the red and yellow dots on the projects.  Red dots were given to the best projects.  Yellow was rarely given as that meant exceptional.  I was really surprised and very proud that the house got a yellow dot. 

Worse part for me is the loss of the really, really nice leather briefcase that Debbie, Tara, Megan and Kelsey gave me when I graduated from OSU.  I had it on the floor next to my desk where I tried to hide it and protect it.  Can't protect it from a wet floor.  Really upsetting.  I had three project boards at the office and all three of those got wet.  Ticked me off. 

Lost alot of drawings that I had on the floor.  All of the water came from the sewer backing up through the toilets in the building.  The city sewer and storm water system was totally inadequate on Monday.  Our building owner is planning to sue the city.  Doubt that will work, but worth a try.  Turns out, our building is the only one of the four in our complex that was flooded.  He is bringing people into the office building today to start removing carpet, so it will be hectic for sure.

Anyway, my eye is doing better today.  Later.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Did you lose those drawings? Dang. I remember all of those.

Roy and Debbie said...

yup. Into the dumpster this morning.

Karen said...

Sorry :(.