Friday, February 26, 2010

Architecture Explained (updated)

An OSU professor of Architecture, Mohammed Bilbeisi, on YouTube explaining what he does as a professor and giving a very good explanation of architecture.  Moh Bilbeisi

I wish my friend and OSU professor of Architectural Engineering, Stephen O'Hara, would do something similar about the engineering side of architecture. 

Anyway, thought some of you might be interested in part of the world in which I work and one of the cool guys involved in it.  Tara, do you remember Suzanne Bilbeisi from the REACH program?  Moh is her husband.  Dunno if you met him or not.

Also, found a video about the newly renovated Old Central building, Murray Hall and School of Architecture building at OSU. Old Central, Murray Hall and School of Architecture.  The school of Architecture building sure is different than when I attended!

Here is a link to the School of Architecture website.  If you look toward the bottom left side of the page, under the orange "100", there is a link called "Construction photos".   Click on any of those dates to access a bunch of photos they took.  The files are really big and take some time to load.  But they are cool to see.  Well, at least for me.  OSU School of Architecture Website 

Later!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Those are neat - what do you think about one of those grandbabies studying in that new architecture building :) - WOW!

Tara said...

Neat! Is the Architecture school still in the same building? Did they just add on to what they had? I can't imagine the school being in a different building! That Old Central renovation is cool, too. I knew they were doing something to it, but I didn't know what.

I remember Suzanne, but I don't remember for suer if I met her husband. I imagine we did when we did the archotecture module during that camp. He was probably doing that module since Suzanne was one of the main ladies doing the camp.

Roy and Debbie said...

They gutted the old architecture building and renovated the interior. There is an addition on each side of the old building. I have yet to go inside any of it now that it is finished. The architecture program will celebrate it's 100th Anniversary on April 15 thru April 17 and have an open house for the new building on Apr. 16th. Isn't that the same timeframe that Oliver is having his surgery?