Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Old Ramblings

I was going through some stuff on my office computer and cleaning out old files when I found the Word document where I copied all or most of the entries and comments from our old Yahoo blog.  Found this one from January 6, 2009.  Someone had mentioned something about a woodchuck and that silly "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck" thing got stuck in my head.  The following entry was intended to purge my brain of it.  Since Groundhog Day was a few days ago, I thought I'd repost the old blog entry just fer the heck of it.  The comment about the duct tape was a reference to a blog entry from Jan 5 where I explained how I discovered what a Brazilian wax was.

January 6, 2009.  OK. Ahem. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Why would a woodchuck chuck wood? If a woodchuck chucked wood, where would the woodchuck chuck the wood? Would the woodchuck chuck the wood in the woods? Would the woodchuck chuck wood in the morning? Would the woodchuck chuck wood in the evening? Would the woodchuck chuck wood with green eggs and ham? Would the woodchuck chuck the wood in a box? Would the woodchuck chuck the wood with a fox? Would the woodchuck eat the wood? If a woodchuck ate the wood instead of chucking the wood, would the woodchuck get sick and upchuck wood? If a woodchuck named Chuck chucked wood, would the wood still be Chuck's wood? If Chuck Woodchuck sold the chucked wood, how much would money would the woodchuck get for Chuck Woodchuck's Chucked Wood?

Well, after my successful googling of Brazilian waxing and the learning thereof, I decided to google woodchucks chucking wood and see if anyone else solved the riddle of woodchucks and the chucking of wood.

wiki-answers: how much wood could a woodchuck chuck?

Why am I pondering the chucking of wood by a wood chucking woodchuck? I'm still trying to erase the image burned into my brain of the asscrack and the duct tape.

Lessee... how much wood... waitaminnit. Isn't the woodchuck waiting to see his shadow and determine how many more days of winter we'll have? He ain't got time to be chuckin' no wood. Except to keep that dude with the tall hat from wakin' him up before daybreak. You didn't know a woodchuck is another name for groundhog? What kind of tongue twister would it be if we asked, "How much wood could a groundhog chuck if a groundhog could chuck wood?" Just doesn't have the same sense of dementia. Not the same.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hee hee. I thought about this on Groundhog day!