Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Icicles

There are some crazy icicles on the buildings around my office. They have melted quite a bit since yesterday, but still huge.

This is the front door of my office.  The icicles were all along the front yesterday.  Several have broken off during the nite.  There were some about 3 feet long and about 2 inches in diameter, which is the size of some people's wrist.  The parking lot was solid ice yesterday morning.  Quite a bit of melting occurred yesterday and overnite.


This is along the west side of our office.  The longest icicle is about 5 feet long.  The photo does not do justice to the length of the icicle.  The icicles along this side have not broken off like those along the front of the building.

The next few photos are at various locations around the four buildings in our office complex.  Thought it was cool how the ice formed around the vegetation.

I tried to take a more frontal view of this but there as way too much mud to wade through to get between the buildings.  This group of icicles is about 15 feet along the edge of the roof and is solid ice from the roof to the ground.  The little extension of the building has a solid ice wall on the front of it.


If you click on each photo, it should enlarge to see it better.

This kind of stuff fascinates me for some reason.  Easily amused I guess.

2 comments:

eleanor said...

I don't think I have ever seen icicles that long and unique.

Tara said...

Cool! I'll have to show these to the girls later.